Re: can't install on openoffice.org debian package on debian-testing?

Hi ..

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 05:01:24AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
>Nevermind, I just saw your archives, and this question
>is answered here:
>http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2002/debian-openoffice-200205/msg00337.html
>It'd be nice if the next packaging was done with pure
>woody 'testing', though.

yes, it would be nice, but in the future undoable.
First, I'm working on switching to gcc3.1 for building OOo. I mailed it,
this will break the compatibility to woody. This is needed to get
OpenOffice.org compiled on PPC with gcc3.

I think, it will become difficult to get OpenOffice.org built for woody
as for sid. :(
I know, it would be very nice, to get it working under woody, since
woody will become stable soon.
To do this, we have to free up to 10 GB free space for our builds, 5GB
for woody and 5GB for sid. I do not hat 10 GB on my HD on my IBook.

But OpenOffice.org is not stable, to get it into woody as well. Sure, it
was released and we have OpenOffice.org-1.0.0, but the debianpackage is
not stable enough for a stable relaese, so the right place is
unstable/experimental for it.IMHO

	Regards
		Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **         ,.. ,..