Re: [Announce] 1.0.0-4 .debs for i386

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 08:10:12PM +0200, Jerome Warnier wrote:
> Almost impossible to use "apt-get" on Debian is like being in a jail...
> (in fact, we could use apt_preferences to circumvent this).

Well, I'd suggest grabbing the .deb with wget and installing it.  For
example:

wget http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gcc-3.1/libgcc1_3.1-2_i386.deb
dpkg -i libgcc1_3.1-2_i386.deb

> Do you want us to provide a Woody station for you to compile on it?
> Sorry, but I don't have a quite powerful pc available myself, otherwise
> I would have done it without hesitation.

I actually compile on a mostly Woody system anyway, but I have latest
binutils/gcc because I installed gcc 3.1 in anticipation of that.  With
these language packs I don't have much space available :(

I can find solutions - I have other machines available in other places;
they'll all end up taking time, though.

So I'm just hoping you might all live with it for a few days ;)