Re: Testing openoffice

Le mer, 13 mar 2002 09:35:05, Petter Reinholdtsen a écrit :
[R.Travé]
> You can lauch ooffice with:
> ~/.openoffice/soffice
> and for printers & fonts settings
> ~/.openoffice/spadmin
> this symlinks seems OK on most installs.

Using which user?  It was no ~/.openoffice/ in my home directory after
install (and I would have been very surprised and not very happy had I
found anything there before I started openoffice for the first time.

Well, my answer isn't corresponding with the question.
Fast but bad.
x'cuse me.

> You have to add the entry /usr/lib/openoffice/program in your
> /etc/ld.so.conf before ldconfig, but there's troubles with galeon or
> light, cause ooffice & mozilla use sames gtkembeded functions.
> (relocations errors ...)

I had no need to do this, once I fixed the missing symlink.  Why did
you need to do this?  It sounds like the wrong fix.

Idem.
My trouble is the auto-laucher ooqstart_applet (for gnome panel),
which only starts the original /usr/.../soffice.bin
and keep soffice.bin persistent in memory.

Doing this is needed to lauch spadmin diretly to set printers/fonts
for the /usr/.../soffice.bin
cause user settings (~/.openoffice/spadmin)
won't work with this binary.

But old config process are avaible by typing /usr/.../spadmin
(re-creating dir, confs, ...)
maybe both settings can be unified ?

thanks

--