Current state of OpenOffice.org for Debian

Sorry for CC'ing a bunch of poeple. I just to make sure, that everybody is aware of
the new debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org. So I put anybody I could find, who might
be intrested in it or might be able to answer my question. I will not do it again
but only send to debian-openoffice@lists.d.o

I wanted to ask, who has succesfully compiles the openoffice.org sources on an
Debian system and which Version of Debian, Openoffice and which compiler was used.

I think there were reports, that someone compiled it succesfully.

Jan-Hendrik 'Gromitt' Palic and I have currently taken two different approches.

While Jan goes top-bottom and tries to compile the source with the given tools,
I'm trying to get the odk, the underlying object broker with it tools compiled
using standard tools like autoconf, which should allow an more easy nad packageable
way to build Openoffice.

Using g++ 2.xx Compilers we both seem to end with an broken idlc. (This is the
"compiler" which translates .idl files, which specify interfaces over which the
objects in different langagues can communicate, to something an c++-compiler can
use).

We both end up with an binary that throws segmentation faults. In my case I can
reduce it to some not-called constructors, which seem like an failure of g++ or
some incompatibility between OO.o and g++.

Therefor I wanted to ask, if someone else get it compiled under Debian and which
compiler and Debian and Openoffice.org-versions you used.

Thanks in advance,
	Bernhard R. Link