Re: removing tcsh from the build process

Le mer 23/07/2003 à 18:38, Bernhard R. Link a écrit :
> * Jérôme Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net> [030723 15:47]:
> > Chris, did upstream reply to the question about the need of tcsh in the
> > build process?
> > If so, what told they?
>
> If I remember correct, there was some discusion on some upstream list
> some time around (I guess more than half a year). AFAIK it was some
> consens tcsh is problematic, as it makes porting harder, but is
> hard to remove either.
Could you point me to such a discussion.
I don't know if you followed that, but it was not clear at some point if
someone would take over the maintenership of tcsh in Debian, which had
been orphaned. It seems this issue is now resolved.

I feel like building OOo depends already on many packages, and feel
maybe able to remove this one. On the other side, I never install tcsh,
nor does Debian by default on any machine.

--
Jérôme Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net>