Re: Report from OpenOffice team at debcamp/conf

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 11:35:47PM +0200, Jan Schulz wrote:
> BTW: Could you please mention the drawbacks with using prelink? If
> there is such a question and I just here something will be better, I
> will always use it...

Objprelink modifies the file I think, which means if you're paranoid you
won't use it because you can't tell if an intruder modified something.
And you can't check the integrity of your install using the md5sums of the
files.  That's the main reason I asked rene to make it optional.  There was
discussion about objprelink on a mailing list somewhere (debian-devel?)
where they went into more depth.

I haven't actually tested the prelinking out myself at all yet.

Chris