Re: Report from OpenOffice team at debcamp/conf

Hallo!

* Chris Halls <halls@debian.org> wrote:
> [..] try  them out, you can grab them for i386 from:
>      http://people.debian.org/~halls/openoffice/1.1rc

Some comments:
[after apt-get install ooo]
jan@snoopy:~$ openoffice
OpenOffice.org for Debian - see
/usr/share/doc/openoffice.org/README.Debian.gz
Previous version found: OpenOffice.org 1.0.3
/home/jan/.openoffice/1.1
Setup complete.  Running openoffice.org...
.. importing layer file:///tmp/oooLocale.XXXXLPBNtP - succeeded
/usr/bin/openoffice: line 251: /soffice: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
gefunden

I'm not sure if this workspace recovering is nice: I didn't have the
*de langpacks and so I was asked to start a new workspace. This will
look really confusing (need to agree to licens, etc), especially if
you choose 'lokal installation' instead of 'workspace'...

Would you mind doing a buildpackage with all langpacks?

After installing (no data recovery, had to type everything in), I went
to the options menu and started changing. After that I got an error
about some 'german' files not there (can't reproduce ATM). Also the
"Basic Fonts" in writer were still Thorndale and Andale (or so), which
are installed on my system, but I think they won't be there on every
other debian system. Maybe you can change this to some vera fonts.
Funnyly, some were already (list, caption, index) changed.

Don't know, but the default Font Substitution (/etc/OOo/*) is set to
'Times', which looks really bad compared to bitstream vera fonts
(just saw that when installing).

Anyway: What a speed improvement! Great! Thanks for packaging it!

Jan