Re: trixie + 7.3 → 8.2 transition

Le jeudi 15 juin 2023 à 11:32 +0200, Rafael Laboissière a écrit :
> * Rafael Laboissière <rafael@debian.org> [2023-06-13 17:13]:
>
> > * Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2023-06-13 17:09]:
> >
> > > Please *do not* upload octave itself to unstable. This would start
> > > the transition, and we must first ask the Release Team.
> >
> > Ok, thanks for the reminder. I will let you now when all the other
> > packages will be in unstable.
>
> All packages that were in experimental have migrated into unstable,
> besides octave-statistics, whose new upstream version 1.6.0 FTBFS due to
> failing BISTs.
>
> I checked all packages in sid that currently depend on octave-abi-57
> (provided by octave 7.3.0-2, see list below). Here are the packages that
> FTBFS in my sid system with octave 8.2.0-2, with a summarized description
> of the problem:

Thanks for investigating.

Some more information below:

> octave-database: FTBFS with "error: no matching function for call to
> ‘verror(octave::execution_exception&, const char [26], const char*)’"

A patch seems available there:
https://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/file/tip/src/of-database-1-verror.patch

But since octave-database is not in testing, it will not block the
transition anyways.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=63136

> octave-level-set: Build-depends on octave-parallel

Hopefully this one won’t fail.

> octave-mpi: FTBFS with "error: ‘error_state’ was not
> declared in this scope; did you mean ‘error_t’?"

Not in testing, so not a blocker.

https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/parallel/ci/a6f7afbb598e80b27433b041a54a4b8d77f490f7/

> octave-stk: Failing BISTs

Julien Bect already replied.

> octave-tisean: FTBFS with "error: ‘error_state’ was not
> declared in this scope; did you mean ‘error_t’?"

A patch seems available there:
https://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/file/tip/src/of-tisean-2-error_state.patch

Ideally we should fix as many packages as possible before starting the
transition.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer