Re: Multi-Arch for octave-communications

Hi Rafael,

Le mercredi 14 avril 2021 à 17:59 +0200, Rafael Laboissière a écrit :

> I am trying to update the octave-communications to the new upstream
version 1.2.3.  I am getting the following Lintian warnings :

   W: octave-communications source: dependency-is-not-multi-archified
octave-communications depends on octave-communications-common (multi-
arch: no)
   X: octave-communications source: maybe-not-arch-all-binnmuable
octave-communications -> octave-communications-common

Does anyone know how to fix them ?

I guess you need to set "Multi-Arch: foreign" on octave-communications-
common.

However note that multi-archifying octave addons concretely adds
nothing for the user, because they depend on octave which itself is not
multi-arch coinstallable (it ships a binary in /usr/bin).

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer