Re: Status of the Octave 6 transition

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2020-12-15 22:21]:

My view is that we should first aim at finishing the transition, before considering applying patches to octave (because doing so could cause other problems, and delaying our transition could prevent other transitions from happening before the freeze).

If you agree with this, then I will request the (temporary) removal from testing of those 4 remaining packages (they are leaf packages so that should not be a problem).

Then, once the transition is done, we could start working on fixing the regressions in octave (several of them have already been fixed in upstream repository), and helping the 4 packages migrating back. All of that before the freeze.

Please let me know if this is ok with you.

Fine with me.  Please, go ahead with this plan.

Best,