Re: Help packaging an octave toolbox

hi Rafael

I just CCed you a reply to Bouyuan Yang on the zmat's RFS bug (#962640).
From the build-log he provided, I found the build-arch target was not
executed, I will read more about that and hopefully find a fix.

In the meantime, I am working on a new package - iso2mesh, and hope to get your suggestions. the RFS can be found at

iso2mesh is the "parent" project of jsonlab/jnifti. In the upstream repo, iso2mesh contains a full copy of jsonlab and jnifti.

in the rules file of octave-iso2mesh, I delete the overlapping functions to avoid duplicates

https://salsa.debian.org/fangq/octave-iso2mesh/-/blob/master/rules#L35-41

in the meantime, add octave-jsonlab and octave-jnifti as Depends of octave-iso2mesh

Now the issue is that iso2mesh contains arch-dependent executable (private binaries), so I install the toolbox at

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/octave/site/oct/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/iso2mesh

similar to the mex-based toolbox like zmat and libgdf, but octave-jsonlab and octave-jnifti are installed as a regular octave package (use with pkg load).

I found that after installing octave-iso2mesh, octave-jsonlab and octave-jnifti, if one starts octave, iso2mesh is automatically loaded, but both jsonlab and jnifti are not, unless one types pkg load.

do you have any suggestion for this? can I install a .m based toolbox to an arch-dependent folder so that it can be found automatically by other toolboxes that depend on it?

Qianqian