Re: Moving matlab-support to this team?

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2019-09-25 17:46]:

I wanted to know if you would agree with the matlab-support package being moved to the Debian Octave Group.

This package provides various facilities for integrating a MATLAB installation with a Debian system. The package needs some love, and the previous maintainers have accepted the move (see #918843).

I’m asking for your permission before doing this, because strictly speaking matlab-support is not useful for Octave users, and moreover some of you may have ethical concerns with stuff related to nonfree software.

On the other hand, having matlab-support in this team seems logical, because of the relationship between MATLAB and Octave, and also because matlab-support is a dependency of dynare-matlab (which is maintained in this team).

Ok with me.

Rafeal