Re: Forge packages recompiled against Octave 5 no longer depend on liboctave7

* Rafael Laboissière <rafael@debian.org> [2019-10-05 21:58]:

* Rafael Laboissière <rafael@debian.org> [2019-10-05 00:39]:

Yes, let us postpone this work for when the Octave 5 transition is completed. I will try to look at some of current build failures.

I uploaded some fixed packages to ustable:

  octave-fits
  octave-linear-algebra
  octave-miscellaneous
  octave-strings
  octave-video

I also uploaded a fixed octave-parallel to unstable.

Among those packages, only octave-fits built correctly [1]. Some package like octave-linear-algebra [2], octave-parallel [3], octave-strings [4], and octave-video [5] give a strange error message "BD-Uninstallable (Extra-Depends: liboctave7)".

Does anyone know what is going on?

Rafael

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=octave-fits
[2] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=octave-linear-algebra