Re: Upgrade Standards-Version to 4.3.0

* Mike Miller <mtmiller@debian.org> [2018-12-30 10:51]:

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 17:34:11 +0100, Rafael Laboissière wrote:
A possible fix for the problem is to patch the upstream sources, removing
the "-s" option that is passed to the mkoctfile command in the Makefile. We
might also forward the patch and ask the package authors to integrate it
upstream.  What do you think?

I like this option, it makes all oct files have proper optional debug symbols across all packages.

It is done. I generate and committed the patches for the impacted packages (octave-octclip, octave-octproj, octave-secs2d, and octave-sparsersb). The patches have been forwarded upstream:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55342
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55343
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55344
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55345

I think that the way is now clear for declaring the debhelper compatibility level 12 in all DOG packages.