Octave 4.4.1 transition

Hi,

I'm about to upload Octave 4.4.1 to experimental. Uploading to unstable
is not possible because there is a (rather unexpected) SOVERSION bump.

This means that we have to go through another transition (which should
be relatively straightforward though).

Until this transition can be completed, the status of Octave in testing
and unstable is rather bad:
– testing/buster has version 4.4.0-3, affected by #904855 (FTBFS with
Qt 5.11)
– unstable/sid has version 4.4.1~rc2-3, affected by #906047 (plplot
FTBFS because of the -rc2 string in Octave version number)

I'm wondering whether uploading to unstable a targeted quick fix for
#906047 would be a good idea: on one hand, it would allow fixing all RC
bugs before the transition is completed; on the other hand, it could
cause ABI issues (because 4.4.1~rc2 does not have the SOVERSION bump
but probably already has the ABI break, though I did not check).

What do you think?

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot