Re: octave with sundials 3 (was: Sundials lagging behind upstream)

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:30:50 +0200, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> I tried a build of Octave 4.4 with sundials 3.1 and, strangely enough, it built
> and passed the tests. It contains _ode15__.oct, but it looks like some higher
> level functions (ode15i.m and ode15s.m) are disabled.

Right, the configure stage detects the incompatibility and disables all
code that calls sundials, so the behavior is as if it wasn't installed.
The objects are still linked with sundials even though no functions are
used.

> So I'm not sure it's worth removing the build dependency on libsundials-dev. It
> seems to do no harm (except that it may delay the transition because of the
> entangled uncoordinated sundials transition).

Ok, just pointing out the option if the transition does become a
problem.

--
mike