Re: Octave 4.4 release candidate

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 12:59:45 +0200, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> Thanks. I have found a slightly more elegant way (see d/p/texinfo.patch).

Much nicer, thanks. This can be dropped once Automake 1.16 arrives.

> I also applied your upstream patch that bumps the SOVERSION, and added a
> dependency of octave-common on fonts-freefonts-otf (to be sure they are there
> at runtime if the fallback is needed, let me know if this is not needed).

I think Recommends is strong enough. It takes either a severely broken
system configuration, or a user intentionally using a very limited
Fontconfig configuration, to exercise this case. If fonts-freefont-otf
is not installed, the user will get error messages and a blank figure.

    FONTCONFIG_FILE=/dev/null octave

is the easiest way to test this.

> BTW, can you possibly apply d/p/add_info_dir_categories upstream?

Ok, I'll look at that.

--
mike