Re: Octave 4.4 release candidate

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 17:24:11 +0200, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> I have started the packaging of Octave 4.3.91 (the 2nd release candidate), and
> pushed my unfinished work in git.

Great! I haven't had spare time to start looking at this, but thanks for
starting it.

> - libsundials-dev (a new build dependency) is currently uninstallable because
>   of the openmpi3 transition

I think we might want to avoid the dependency altogether. Octave 4.4
will only build with libsundials-dev (>= 2.7) and libsundials-dev (<<
3). And as you described to me, work is already underway to upload
sundials 3.1.

> - the SOVERSION of liboctave has not been bumped, and I don't know if this is
>   expected to happen before the final 4.4 release.

I have asked a few times to make sure that is done before the final
release.

> Also note that since --enable-64 is now enabled by default, we can probably
> close #779943 (even though BLAS/LAPACK/SuiteSparse operations will still be
> limited to 2^32 elements arrays).

Agree.

--
mike