Re: Upgrading octave-stk to 2.5.0

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 11:49:17PM +0100, Julien Bect wrote:

> $ sbuild --no-clean-source
> dpkg-source: error: can't build with source format '3.0 (quilt)': no
> upstream tarball found at ../octave-stk_2.5.0.orig.tar.{bz2,gz,lzma,xz}
>

> I assume that this means I have to run pristine-tar manually here ?  Ok,

This is because sbuild does not know about git. So if you don't already have
the tarball, it will not be able to regenerate it from git.

What you want is to combine git-buildpackage with sbuild.

 gbp buildpackage --git-builder=sbuild

(note that you also have to set "$build_arch_all=1;" in ~/.sbuildrc, otherwise
it will only build arch-dependent packages).

See also this page with lots of useful information about sbuild:

 https://wiki.debian.org/sbuild

> $ sbuild --no-clean-source
> dpkg-source: info: using source format '3.0 (quilt)'
> dpkg-source: info: building octave-stk using existing
> ./octave-stk_2.5.0.orig.tar.gz
> dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
>  octave-stk/inst/misc/mole/graphics_toolkit/graphics_toolkit.m
>  octave-stk/inst/misc/mole/isrow/isrow.m
>  octave-stk/inst/misc/mole/linsolve/linsolve.m
>  octave-stk/inst/misc/mole/quantile/quantile.m
>  octave-stk/inst/param/estim/stk_param_init.m
>  octave-stk/inst/stk_init.m
>  octave-stk/post_install.m
> dpkg-source: info: you can integrate the local changes with dpkg-source
> --commit
> dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes, see
> /tmp/octave-stk_2.5.0-1.diff.rFvZBu
>

> Any more advice (other than upgrading to testing ?).

I guess this is because you need to unapply the patches (with "quilt pop -a").

Anyway, do you really need to build with eitheir cowbuilder or sbuild? The
purpose of these tools is to build the package in a minimal chroot, which is
useful to detect missing build dependencies or when uploading a binary to the
archive. But since your sponsor should do that anyway, unless you are unsure
about build dependencies, you don't really need it. In your normal workflow,
you can build using "gbp buildpackage" in a plain sid chroot.

> Anyway, I think that octave-stk is ready to be uploaded, could someone
> please test it and then upload it if everything is ok ?

I have just uploaded the package. Thanks for your contribution.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer