Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Sundials is way outdated

On 5 Feb 2017, at 19:28, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 12:00:44AM -0800, Dima Kogan wrote:
>>> If this would have been the case Dima or James should have responded in
>>> the last three days, right?
>>
>> Right. If you want to do the required work in the near term, then by all
>> means, please do it.
>
> For the moment I did the following:
>
>    * converted old SVN to Git
>    * applied Git changes by Dima Kogan to this repository
>    * tried to merge some changes by James Tocknell from his competing
>      repository[1]
>    * renamed Dima Kogan's repository to sundials_dima_kogan.git
>
>> I don't remember exactly what I was thinking when I did this. Normally,
>> I'd import the old repo, but clearly I did not do that here. Yes, that
>> is bad. Sorry. The existing new git repo isn't really used by anybody,
>> and rebasing on top of a new svn import would be fine. I don't think
>> you'll be confusing any existing users.
>
> So this is done.
>
>>> I fully share your concerns.  Dima and James claimed that they are happy
>>> with their work for local usage but this does not help from a Debian
>>> point of view at all.  @Dima & @James: Could you please explicitly lay
>>> out your plans here until weekend.  In case we do not hear from you I
>>> think the best plan is to redo the SVN-Git conversion.
>>
>> Agree completely. Sorry for the mess.
>
> No problem - just lets continue working together now.  As I wrote here
> before the repository does not build and the hint from James Clarke[2]
> did not really helped me.

I just checked out the repository and ran gbp buildpackage --git-pbuilder.
I can't reproduce that error. The test suite has a whole load of failures,
which seem to be ignored, but it finally fails for me in dh_install:

> dh_install: Cannot find (any matches for) "bin/sundials-config" (tried in "." and "debian/tmp")

Looking at your error message again, that seems to be coming from CMake
searching for pthread_create, which it does by first searching for a
libpthreads (which doesn't exist on Linux), then a libpthread, which is
the one that exists. My build seemed to deal with it fine; note that this
is coming from the built-in FindThreads module:

> -- Looking for pthread_create
> -- Looking for pthread_create - not found
> -- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
> -- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
> -- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
> -- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found

Regards,
James