Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Sundials is way outdated

* Andreas Tille <andreas@fam-tille.de> [2017-02-02 08:32]:

[snip] While I usually think that this is not really a big deal specifically in the sundials case it might be relevant since as we discussed for the octave interface we might need to rely on the older version. However, there is no response from the Octave team until now. Is there any interest from Octave folks (developers & users)?

Sorry for joining the discussion so late.

I have never used octave-sundials myself. I have no strong opinion on this package, since it is not central to Octave itself. However, since upstream has dropped the Matlab Toolbox, you guys should just go ahead and let octave-sundials disappear. There may be users out there that still need octave-sundials (popcon indicates low numbers. though), but we can do very little as regards this pacakge.

Best,