Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Packages needing some action before freeze

On 29.12.2016 00:16, Oliver Heimlich wrote:
> On 28.12.2016 22:06, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
>> Le mercredi 28 décembre 2016 à 17:56 +0100, Oliver Heimlich a écrit :
>>
>>> the new upstream version 2.0.0 for octave-interval has already been
>>> merged into the Alioth repository and we could prepare an upload now.
>>> However, I plan to release a version 2.1.0 soon, so we could skip 2.0.0
>>> in Debian.
>>
>> Thanks for taking care of it.
>>
>> Note that the full freeze will be in place on February 5. Given that the
>> migration delay to testing is now of 10 days, that means that your
>> package must be in unstable and RC-bug free by January 25 at the very
>> last.
>
> Thanks for the information.  Version 2.1.0 has just been prepared
> upstream to be released.  I am currently editing d/copyright and will
> push the new version to Alioth as soon as the release is officially
> published at Octave Forge.

The release is currently stalled upstream [1], because the Octave-Forge
admin is absent (probably on vacation, I don't know).

Would you mind if I pushed version 2.1.0, so that we can identify
RC-bugs in Debian? I have already been able to “pdebuild” a Debian
package for amd64, but there might be problems with other architectures
which the Debian build infrastructure might find.

Oliver

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/292/