Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] [RFU] octave-pkg-dev 1.3.3

Le lundi 01 février 2016 à 07:23 +0100, Rafael Laboissiere a écrit :
> For all Octave-Forge add-on packages providing .oct, Lintian issues the
> hardening-no-bindnow warning.  I prepared in Git (commit 3147799) a new
> version of octave-pkg-dev (1.3.3) that adds the appropriate linker flag
> to avoid that warning.  Please, upload it to unstable.

Could you possibly give us more background on your adding of this
specific linker flag? At this stage I don't have a clear understanding
of why it is needed in the first place, and what are the potential
implications for oct-forge packages.

Thanks,

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot