Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Menu entry for Octave 4.0.0 after upgrade

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2016-01-07 10:29]:

Le jeudi 07 janvier 2016 à 07:51 +0100, Oliver Heimlich a écrit :

[snip]

Gnome is supposed to handle menu entry itself, so it's not something that we can fix at the octave package level.

Indeed, I see the following in my system:

   $ grep /usr/share/applications /var/lib/dpkg/info/gnome-menus.triggers
   interest-noawait /usr/share/applications
   $ dpkg -L octave | grep /usr/share/applications
   /usr/share/applications
   /usr/share/applications/www.octave.org-octave.desktop

Since the octave package installs the .desktop file in the appropriate directory, then the gnome-menus.postinst script should be run after installation of the package.