Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Menu entry for Octave 4.0.0 after upgrade

Le jeudi 07 janvier 2016 à 07:51 +0100, Oliver Heimlich a écrit :

> I have upgraded my Octave (in jessie) to the recent backport of version
> 4.0.0.  After the upgrade the menu entry in Gnome did not show an icon
> anymore.  And when I used the menu entry, an empty terminal window
> opened together with the GUI version of Octave.
>
> Both problems went away after a restart of my machine, so this has
> probably been caused by Gnome not refreshing menu entries.
>
> Could this be improved during an upgrade or is Gnome supposed to handle
> menu entry updates itself?

Gnome is supposed to handle menu entry itself, so it's not something
that we can fix at the octave package level.

I think that just restarting the Gnome Shell (Alt-F2 then "r") would
have fixed it.

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot
: :' :    Debian Developer