Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] octave transitions

* Mike Miller <mtmiller@debian.org> [2015-07-09 09:22]:

On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 12:26:10 +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:

I am wondering how we should proceed now. Should we wait until all those transitions are completed before we upload Octave 4.0 to unstable?

Maybe ask the release team if one way or the other makes their job easier? OTOH that's a lot of transitions and if we wait we may not even get to a new Octave before the end of the year.

Ok, I will do it soon.

Should we start working through rdeps of octave to see which packages need to be patched or updated to work with 4.0?

I have already looked at the rdeps. I have patches for pfstools and nlopts. However it only makes sense to file bug reports against these packages once the transition is started.