Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Transition 3.8 -> 4.0

* Mike Miller <mtmiller@debian.org> [2015-05-29 17:46]:

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 19:32:44 +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
Does anyone have an idea of how long it will take for having the octave
package accepted?  I thought that soversion bumps were dealt with quicker
than whole new packages.

FWIW I uploaded src:openconnect with a soname bump to experimental on April 5 and it was accepted on May 6, which looks like it was just about the time NEW started to shrink. So a bit of an upper bound :)

Thanks for the information, this gives us some hope. Perhaps, Octave 4.0 will be released upstream even before the 4.0.0~rc4 package comes out from NEW.