Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Transition 3.8 -> 4.0

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2015-04-28 18:37]:

Unfortunately I think we will have to wait some time before being able to start the transition. The NEW queue is at a historical high with something like 500 packages waiting. And the transition queue is also quite populated, since we are just getting out of the freeze. In theory we should also wait for the final 4.0 release, though this is not strictly required.

After that historical high at the beginning of May, I can notice an almost steady (albeit slow) decreasing in the size of the NEW queue [1].

Does anyone have an idea of how long it will take for having the octave package accepted? I thought that soversion bumps were dealt with quicker than whole new packages.

Rafael

1. https://ftp-master.debian.org/stat.html