Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Packaging Octave 3.8

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2014-01-13 19:01]:

Le vendredi 10 janvier 2014 à 22:29 +0100, Rafael Laboissiere a écrit :

The list is below, generated automatically using the version numbers currently in unstable. I hope it is complete.

[snip]

That sounds good. Rafael, can you please commit it (removing liboctave1 from the current list)?

Done.

Of course we will have to update versions in this list for every new upload (or even binNMU) until the transition starts. This is a bit tedious but we have no other choice.

Sure, it will be tedious. It would be great if there was a better way of doing this, like in the case of packages that depend on libraries with versioned names. However, Octave-dependent packages containing *.oct and *.mex are special in the sense that they need the interpreter in order to work. Too bad.