Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Packaging Octave 3.8

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 15:51:23 -0500, Mike Miller wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 19:33:45 +0100, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
>> Anyways, before we reach a consensus on that issue, would that be
>> acceptable for everyone if I upload 3.8.0-rc1 in its current state (i.e.
>> no splitting)? We can always decide to split later, since we are
>> targeting experimental for the time being.
>
> Thanks for uploading the rc1 and rc2 packages.

One more larger problem: the new feature I added to error informatively
when octave-info or liboctave-dev are not installed is not working with
compressed info files, effectively breaking the doc command in our
packaging :(

See upstream bug #41054 [1], I'm testing a build now with the patch
there added to debian/patches.

--
mike