Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Packaging Octave 3.8

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2013-12-11 12:44]:

Le mercredi 11 décembre 2013 à 12:34 +0100, Rafael Laboissiere a écrit :

It is also a matter of RAM, since octave-gui, when launched, will load the whole Qt libraries into memory, which is undesirable for batch processes.

Sure, but this is not relevant for our discussion. If we don't split the octave package, there will still be an octave-cli binary shipped in the octave package. So splitting the packages is really only about disk space.

If there will be two different binaries in the octave package, then, you are right, what I said about RAM is not relevant.