Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Plans for Wheezy++

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 4:26 AM, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> Le lundi 06 mai 2013 à 09:16 +0200, Thomas Weber a écrit :
>
>> thanks to everyone for getting Octave and friends in shape for Wheezy. I
>> really feel we are in the best shape in years with respect to Octave in
>> a Debian stable release.
>
> Yes, I think we’ve done a very good job as a team!

Same here, great job and congrats to everyone. I'm happy I could help
out in some small ways.

> I am not entirely happy with the current situation where both Thomas and
> me are listed in the Uploaders field of almost all DOG packages. I don’t
> think this reflect the true situation with respect to package
> maintainership. I would prefer a situation where we are listed only in
> the packages in which we are truly interested (and for those packages
> which no one is interested in, then we distribute them randomly across
> us, or we keep the current situation). I think it would also be good if
> Rafael was listed as Uploader for his packages of interest (note that
> this does not require the DM or DD status, even though I would be very
> happy if Rafael was taking back one of these), but this is his call. And
> of course, since the packages are team maintained, this would not
> prevent one of us to fix other people's packages, especially in case of
> RC bug.

I am relatively new to the team, I've tested, commented on a few bugs,
and maybe made a commit or two to the packaging repos so far. The
three of you really seem to have this thing working like a well-oiled
machine so I haven't gotten in your way. But if you need help with
package maintenance or other tasks I can certainly help out if needed.
I currently have DM status and will hopefully be working towards DD
this year.

--
mike