Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] questions on packaging an octave toolbox

* Jameson Graef Rollins <jrollins@finestructure.net> [2012-07-11 19:23]:

> On Wed, Jul 11 2012, Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@laboissiere.net> wrote:
> > * Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@octave.org> [2012-07-11 13:23]:
> >
> >> Yeah, if you already have a package in the OF format, it's almost
> >> trivial to create a Debian package from it. Look at the packaging for,
> >> say, octave-signal:
> >>
> >>     http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-octave/octave-signal.git;a=summary
> >>
> >> Most of the heavy work is done by the octave-pkg-dev package, which
> >> makes debian/rules almost trivial:
> >>
> >>     http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-octave/octave-signal.git;a=blob;f=debian/rules;h=cc1bd1b064e0483e3a3d3c966cf05ab3c7a0ff41;hb=d92c8f02339fc71c4c44078d3518854eb647aa70
> >
> > In the octave-pkg-dev package there is even a script called
> > make-octave-forge-debpkg that automatically generates the debian/* files
> > when launched inside the unpacked directory of an OF package.
>
> Great!  That's just what I was looking for!  Thanks so much Jordi and
> Rafael!

Good to know that you found what you need.  If you use the helper script
make-octave-forge-debpkg, please share with us your experience.  I
already used it for creating a new OF package for Debian, but I would be
curious to know how it is used abroad.  In particular, if you have any
problem with the script, please do not hesitate to contact us.