Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] questions on packaging an octave toolbox

Jameson Graef Rollins <jrollins@finestructure.net> writes:

> I'm trying to figure out the "Right" way to package a binary octave
> toolbox.  In particular, I would like to know where is the right place
> to install architecture-dependent oct files such that they "just work"
> when invoking octave normally (preferably for both squeeze and wheezy).
> Are there any dh helper scripts I can use?  Is there a prescribed
> method?
>
> I've been looking for some packaging documentation online and so far I
> haven't found anything that addresses these specific questions.  Any
> help would be very much appreciated.

Maybe are you looking for this section of the Octave reference manual:

 http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Packages.html#Packages

And as has already been said, once you have put your package under this
form, you should probably consider contributing it to Octave Forge.

Best,

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot
: :' :    Debian Maintainer