Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] The rest of the packages

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Thomas Weber <tweber@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 07:36:21PM +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
>> * Thomas Weber <tweber@debian.org> [2012-03-26 22:14]:
>>
>> > the following packages are still open:
>> >
>> > [snip]
>>
>> What about the packages released at SF that are not yet in Debian:
>>
>>     actuarial
>>     civil-engineering
>>     database
>>     dicom
>>     engine
>>     fenv
>>     fits
>>     fl-core
>>     fuzzy-logic-toolkit
>>     gnuplot
>>     mechanics
>>     octclip
>>     octproj
>>     odebvp
>>     openmpi_ext
>>     quaternion
>>     queueing
>>     secs3d
>>     special-matrix
>>     video
>
> I don't have an opinion about any package in particular, but I don't
> think we will have much fun packaging stuff that none of us uses. The
> only package that rings a bell is special-matrix - that one should just
> be removed from octave-forge and its 2 .m files moved into
> miscellaneous. The database package is unmaintained and uses the swig
> wrappers (which means Octave will crash at exit, if the package is
> loaded).
>
>        Thomas

- Please do not package mechanics. It is a young (and promising)
package that needs further development.
- octclip is now part of geometry, so that one is already packaged.
You can remove it form this list.
- quaternion has been recently prepared by Rafael.

my two cents.

Thanks

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal