Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] liboctave-dev et al

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:53:49PM +0100, Stefan Theussl wrote:
> Dear package maintainers,
>
> we see liboctave-dev 3.4.3 in Debian experimental but neither
> unstable nor testing. Is there a reason for this?

Yes, the red fields at
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=octave&suite=experimental

> As the major release Octave 3.4.0 is available since February and
> the corresponding Debian package (name) structure for Octave has
> changed we were wondering when updates will be released to
> non-experimental channels.

When the red fields at the above URL have changed to green (a
re-formulation of 'when it's ready', which in this case means 'when it
builds on the release architectures').

> Currently, we have octave3.2-headers installed and are interested in
> using the new liboctave-dev package (and corresponding 3.4.3 library)
> once it is released to unstable.
> Do you have any plans in that direction?

Yes. I'm currently working on the symbols file for sparc on a porterbox.
When this is done, there will be another upload to experimental. And
then the next architecture (though I hope that we don't need to
special-case each architecture).

	Thomas