Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Releasing 2.9.15 as 3.0.rc?

* Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com> [2007-10-09 10:05]:

> Current status (as I've understood it ;) )
>
> We will upload a 2.9.14 version labeled as octave3.0 to experimental. Is
> that correct?

Yes.  Are you working on this?

> Should the warning be a README or a debconf note?

A warning should be okay.  This version will probably never enter testing,
so there is no need to go through the hassle of creating a debconf note, at
least for now.

We might also patch some macros in src/version.h (e.g.
OCTAVE_NAME_AND_VERSION) in order to change the banner message at startup.