Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] /usr/bin/mex and texlive

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 03.10.2006, 12:15 -0400 schrieb John W. Eaton:
> That's fine, but I'm thinking of what happens in the future if we add
> a shell command called "mex" to Octave itself, or if we should even
> install a command with that name by default.

Speaking as someone who has Matlab on his work system: Please don't call
it 'mex'!. It wouldn't help me (Matlab's mex is in /usr/local/bin, which
comes before /usr/bin) and it would make it difficult to call Octave's
'mex'.

Something like 'octave-mex' or 'mkmexfile' would be fine.

	Thomas