Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] New release of octave-forge

On 4 February 2006 at 16:08, Colin Ingram wrote:
| On 2/4/06, Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@debian.org> wrote:
| > * Colin Ingram <synergizedmusic@gmail.com> [2006-02-03 16:50]:
| >
| > > opps I wasn't clear...I am going to commit the changes to debian/rules
| > > which allow it to only build a 2.9 version of octave-forge so that
| > > folajimi can build it and start working on the transition stuff.
| >
| > I found some time today and built the octave-forge 2006.01.28 with Octave
| > 2.1.72. I will commit the changes soon.
| >

| cool did you encounter these warnings
|
| dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of `NEEDED liboctinterp.so' not recognized
| dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of `NEEDED liboctave.so' not recognized
| dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of `NEEDED libcruft.so' not recognized
| dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of `NEEDED liboctinterp.so' not recognized
|
| what are these all about?

AFAIK it's dpkg-shlibdeps telling is that the library and/or encoded path to
the library can't be resolved. I think that is simply an artifact of us
building 'below $PWD' and tarring that up -- which doesn't correspond to
/etc/ld.so.conf on the build host.

For what it's worth, I got over a thousand of those for you:

edd@chibud:~/src/debian/build-logs> grep -c "format of .*so not recognized" *log  | wc -l
1040
edd@chibud:~/src/debian/build-logs> grep "format of .*so not recognized" *log  | head -5
acepack_1.3.2.1-1.log:dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libR.so not recognized
acepack_1.3.2.1-2.log:dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libR.so not recognized
acepack_1.3.2.2-1.log:dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libR.so not recognized
cluster-1.10.1-1.log:dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libR.so not recognized
cluster-1.10.2-1.log:dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libR.so not recognized
edd@chibud:~/src/debian/build-logs>

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison