Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Mailing list vs. real person name in changelog

sent this to John's personal first.  Sorry John

John W. Eaton wrote:

If people think that it is necessary to have contact information for a
specific person becuase that is somehow better than a list, then I
think they are kidding themselves.  People regularly change email
addresses, delete (filter) or ignore mail, etc.

I agree with John here. In fact when I saw that complaint I thought it was sort of silly. I think having the email address of a list is just as good if not better than the a specific person. I also agree that the change log should include the names of the specific person who made the changes, so interested parties know who to address there specific concerns to. If someone doesn't want to use the list for there question/comment then they can also look up the person email on Alioth (assuming the person who made the changes is still a member, if they aren't then they are probably not very likely to answer question/concerns posed to their email or the list for that matter)