Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Ubuntu patches for octave2.1_2.1.71

* John W. Eaton <jwe@bevo.che.wisc.edu> [2005-10-19 09:24]:

> I can only comment on the patches to the Octave sources.
>
>   octave2.1_2.1.71-2ubuntu2.patch:
>
>     contains enum changes for lex.cc and toplev.cc that are no longer
>     needed with 2.1.71 or 2.9.x
>
>     restores the files glob/alloca.c and glob/configure.bat, which are
>     completely useless by themselves, and no longer needed anyway since
>     the glob directory has been removed from Octave

Thanks, John, this means that we should not care with the Ubuntu's patch.

I think I agree with Joey Hess:

http://kitenet.net/~joey/blog/entry/a_bad_taste_in_the_mouth_detailed_ubuntu_patch_review-2005-10-13-03-57.html