Re: Working on the ounit package - and finding a slew of new packages are needed...

Hi,

Le mercredi 21 juin 2023 à 08:39 +0200, Stéphane Glondu a écrit :

> > Le 19/06/2023 à 17:29, julien.puydt@gmail.com a écrit :
>

> > That requires to package a new lib: 'pp'.
> >
> > Unfortunately, this package would need another new package,
> > 'ppx_expect'.
> >
> > In turn, that one needs another package 'ppx_inline_test'.
> >
> > And for that, I would need another package, 'time_now'.
> >
> > Which needs new packages for 'jane-street-headers' and 'jst-
> > config'.
> >
> > You'll be glad to know that the Jane Street headers seem to require
> > nothing new - but 'jst-config' does want a new package:
> > 'ppx_assert'.
> >
> > Finally, 'ppx_assert' would like a new package for 'ppx_cold' and
> > the
> > trail seems to end at that point.
> >
> > Do we have anything about any of those? Like experimental packages
> > or
> > existing packages I didn't recognize as one of the above?
> >
> > If nobody has a better idea, I'll enter the ITP-package-upload
> > dance...
>
> Thank you for taking care of that!

Today I managed to get things to this state:

  ocaml-dune wants pp (needs to work on this)
  NEW pp -- wants ppx_expect
  NEW ppx_expect -- wants ppx_inline_test and a more recent sexplib0
  NEW ppx_inline_test -- wants time_now and a newer ppx_hash
  NEW time_now  -- wants ppx_base, jane-street-headers and jst-config
  NEW ppx-base -- wants ppx_cold, ppx_enumerate and ppx_globalize
  NEW ppx_globalize
  NEW jst-config -- wants ppx_assert
  NEW ppx_assert -- wants ppx_cold
  NEW jane-street-headers
  NEW ppx_cold
  NEW ppx_enumerate

where the bad news it the step were a newer ppx_hash and sexplib0 was
needed. I think I uploaded a newer ppx_hash before it dawned on me that
the binary change would break existing packages. For sexplib0 I only
pushed commits to the salsa repo and installed it locally, so I only
broke and had to recompile locally.

Hopefully I stopped before I broke anything outside my system!

Tomorrow I'll see what I can do with ocaml-dune locally and push to the
repo if I get something nice, but I will definitely wait until we have
a plan before updating anything more ppx-related!