Re: Building clean packages for coq theories

Le 24/11/2021 à 14:57, Julien Puydt a écrit :
>> META is usually put in libfoobar-ocaml, as it contains the
>> information to locate the *.cma and *.cmxs files (this information is
>> used by anything using findlib as a lib, for example ocsigenserver).
>
> Indeed, that's what's the policy says.
>
> I made the mistake with coq (I pushed a fixing commit), but since I
> based my elpi & ocaml-ansi-terminal on studying other packages, those
> are ok.
>
> I won't upload coq again that soon though (unless I get a fix for
> bytecode-only architectures!), as I'd like to rework the packaging
> quite extensively.

Do you intend to let the current state to migrate to testing?

If so, the binaries (of coq and its reverse dependencies, including why3
and frama-c) on bytecode architectures should be removed from unstable.

If not, many packages (everything related to ocaml-zarith) will be
blocked in their migration to testing. I think this should be avoided.

Stéphane