Re: Fwd: stan packaging

Hello,

Le 05/06/2021 à 14:51, Steffen Möller a écrit :
> You may have heard of R and a (fairly) new kid on the block, Julia, and
> there is something in between that is also tantalizingly different such
> that all math environments have interfaces to it: stan
> (https://mc-stan.org).  Now, I did not get too far with my attempt to
> get the command line compiled - the lines below sum this up: I need the
> ppx_jane package and not unlikely also others that I am not yet aware of.
>
> Is there someone out there on this list who would like to work on this?

ppx_jane is a sort of meta-package depending on many Jane Street's ppx
rewriters. Jane Street tend to release many small packages. Those are
generally easy to debianize, but it often happens that they must be
updated in lockstep. That and their number make their maintenance
impractical.

Installing ppx_jane in a clean opam environment brings 24 packages that
are not in Debian. All of them except octavius are Jane Street packages
versioned v0.14.x. Packaging (and maintaining the packages) sounds like
a big effort, at least with the way we do things at the moment. But
things certainly could be improved.

Stéphane