Re: RFS: ocaml-migrate-parsetree

Thanks for the review!

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Ximin Luo <infinity0@debian.org> wrote:
> It creates a script to do the actual preprocessing so we get a complete set of docs. (Yes I know PP is deprecated, but ocamldoc still supports it..)
>
> More generally, it looks like jbuilder expects to use odoc instead of ocamldoc - then one can do "jbuilder make @doc". But unfortunately this is not in Debian yet. Perhaps you/someone else could package it later, if you have time?

The preprocess-ocamldoc.sh script seems to be a very nice workaround.
I've updated the package to use it.
Sadly, I've another few libs to package so I don't think I will have
time to package odoc.

> Slightly unfortunately, d/copyright needs to be self-contained except for references to /usr/share/common-licenses. So you need to c+p the text from LICENSE into d/copyright.

No problem, just added the exception text to it.

> Since the upstream README.md refers to it as ocaml-migrate-parsetree-ocamlbuild, then yes your name is correct according to the existing ocaml packaging naming conventions.
>
> But if ocaml-migrate-parsetree already depends on ocaml-migrate-parsetree-ocamlbuild (or the other way around), then TBH personally I think it would be better to combine both into the same Debian package. We don't need to split things up too much, these packages are tiny, and this type of micro-split is not worth the metadata overhead cost on the archive, on user machines, and on maintainers. It's up to you though, since you are the maintainer.

I will keep them as separated for now since there is also
ocaml-migrate-parsetree-ocamlbuild on opam.

I've also updated it to 1.0.7, and re-uploaded the package to mentors:
https://mentors.debian.net/package/ocaml-migrate-parsetree
Let me know if there is anything to adjust.

Best regards,
Andy