Re: Preparation of the transition to OCaml 4.05.0: status update

On 21/07/2017 21:44, Eric Cooper wrote:
> I see that approx is FTBFS'ing due to ocamlbuild not being found.
> I thought it was in ocaml-nox, which is already a build dependency.
> Has that changed?

Yes: ocamlbuild has been split out of ocaml and is a separate package.
You need to explicitly depend on it. Note that the ocaml-nox package
that is currently in unstable provides ocamlbuild, so you can add the
dependency right now.

> More generally, what's the easiest way for a maintainer to build a
> package in the new 4.05 environment that you're using?

In a chroot, add my key with "apt-key add", add the following line to
your sources.list:

  deb http://ocaml.debian.net/debian/ocaml-4.05.0%2Brc1/pool/ ./

and run "apt update".

Stéphane