Re: cmdliner 1.0.0 uses topkg for building

>> I just see:  topkg depends on Fmt, Logs, Bos, Cmdliner and
>> opam-format. Out of this only cmlliner is currently in Debian,
>> right?

There is some kind of circular build dependency:

- topkg contains the topkg library and the topkg-care tool
- building the topkg library requires nothing
- building topkg-care requires cmdliner
- building cmdliner requires the topkg library

How should I break this cycle? My idea is to duplicate topkg into
topkg-lib and topkg-care, where topkg-lib builds the library only
and topkg-care builds the topkg-care tool only. Both packages
have the same upstream sources but different build dependencies.

Is there a better way to deal with this kind of circular build
dependencies?

Hendrik