Re: cmdliner 1.0.0 uses topkg for building

Stéphane Glondu:

>>> I agree. Feel free to do it! I'm not planning to do it right now, unless
>>> it is absolutely necessary for the transition.
>>
>> I just see:  topkg depends on Fmt, Logs, Bos, Cmdliner and
>> opam-format. Out of this only cmlliner is currently in Debian,
>> right?
>
> Right.
>
> This balkanization of OCaml packages is horrifying.

It might be worth writing an automated tool to convert a github repo containing an opam package, into a Debian package. We're doing that for rust with the debcargo(1) tool.

licensecheck can also help to generate d/copyright files by scanning file headers, even if it's not in the opam metadata.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git