Re: CamlPDF update

Le 30/11/2013 15:28, Stéphane Glondu a écrit :
>  * In pdfafmdata.ml, there is embedded data that is copyright Adobe with
>    no clear license. I could not find its origin.

After further investigation, I bumped into:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10866240/adobe-font-metrics-for-standard-pdf-fonts-in-cp1252

pdfafmdata.ml is basically the contents of the linked zip file, which
comes with a notice:

       This file and the 14 PostScript(R) AFM
       files it accompanies may be used, copied,
       and distributed for any purpose and without
       charge, with or without modification,
       provided that all copyright notices are
       retained; that the AFM files are not
       distributed without this file; that all
       modifications to this file or any of the
       AFM files are prominently noted in the
       modified file(s); and that this paragraph
       is not modified. Adobe Systems has no
       responsibility or obligation to support the
       use of the AFM files.

IMHO, CamlPDF violates these terms by not distributing the notice with
the AFM data.

Stéphane