Re: camlp4-extra (<< 3.13)

Stéphane Glondu <glondu@debian.org> writes:

   Le 31/01/2012 09:36, Hendrik Tews a écrit :
   >    I know camlp4 depends on Dynlink
   >    nonetheless, which I currently consider a bug in upstream
   >    ocaml.
   >
   > Is there a bug number for this?

   I said "currently", because I haven't (yet) taken the time to
   investigate and understand it myself... there might be no bug at all :-)

What is the status dynlink.cmxa on armel?

Camlp4 is a quite large library and the dynamic loading is just a
minor point IMHO. One can think of many Camlp4 applications that
do not need dynamic loading. If there is an architecture that has
native compilation but no dynlink.cmxa, then there should be
native camlp4 library on this architecture that does not depend
on dynamic loading.

   > With some pain one could probably work around the dynlink
   > dependency by not using Camlp4.Struct and Camlp4Bin and linking
   > explicitly with the needed modules instead of camlp4*cmxa.

Actually I mean Camlp4.PreCast, Camlp4.Struct.DynLoader and
Camlp4Bin.

Grep told me that Dynlink is only referenced in DynLoader and
DynLoader is only referenced in PreCast and Camlp4Bin. PreCast
very conveniently provides a consistent set of Camlp4 modules,
but it is not essential (I believe). Setting up quotation
expanders is a bit messy without PreCast, see add_quotation.* and
the code that uses it in parser_factory.* in otags.

Bye,

Hendrik